Welcome to the Idaho Education Network
Connect. Instruct. Achieve.
What's trending now
IEN recognized for Digital Innovation by the National Journal
Classrooms That Span the Vast Expanse
The National Journal just announced the Idaho Education Network as the winner in Digital Innovation for their annual Back in Business Special Report. This report celebrates pragmatic problem-solvers in business, the civic sector, local government, and partnerships that creatively combine all three. IEN figured out how to get a high-speed broadband network to students across the state to provide access, collaborations, and opportunities regardless of geographic location. Read more here.
IEN was also featured on MSNBC's Morning Joe edition.
New Training Video
Videoconferencing with Content Providers
Check out the new video tutorial on Videoconferencing with Content Providers. This short clip gives tips for conducting successful virtual sessions/field trips in the classroom. Covers pre- and post-session activities and helpful classroom management techniques.
IEN Events Schedule
Join us for national conference.
- June 24-26, 2013: 2013 ISTE Conference, San Antonio
Catch up with IEN at the 2013 ISTE Conference or join the interactive videoconferencing session on Tuesday, June 25 at 3:15p to see the latest technology from Idaho and around the world. Visit www.iste.org for more information.
IEN Innovation Award Program
Congratulation to this year's recipients:
- Barbara Morgan STEM Academy, Meridian
- Donnelly Elementary School, Donnelly
- Galileo STEM Academy, Meridian
- Hayden Meadows Elementary School, Coeur d'Alene
- Homedale Elementary School, Homedale
- Idaho Distance Education Academy, Post Falls
- North Idaho STEM Charter Academy, Rathdrum
- Ponderosa Elementary School, Post Falls
- Ramsey Magnet School of Science, Coeur d'Alene
- Rulon Ellis Elementary School, Chubbuck
- Sacajawea Elementary School, Caldwell
- Snake River Middle School, Blackfoot
- Star Elementary School, Star
- Summerwind School of Math and Science, Boise
Schools were evaluated for their leadership and practice of implementing innovative opportunities for students. Recipients receive an elementary interactive videoconferencing system along with service and support to help provide increased opportunities in their schools. For more information, contact IEN Staff at 208-332-1842.